The Publishers Audience Measurement Company (PAMCo Ltd), is the governing body which oversees PAMCo audience measurement for the published media industry.
NRS Ltd handed responsibility for governance to PAMCo Ltd in January 2016. The funding stakeholders are News Media Association (NMA – representing newsbrands), Professional Publishers Association (PPA – magazine media) and the Institute of Practitioners in Advertising (IPA – advertising agencies). The PAMCo board also has representation from The Incorporated Society of British Advertisers (ISBA), and research partner, Ipsos MORI.
PAMCo, will be the new audience measurement service, which will supersede NRS.
PAMCo data will allow publishers to monetise de-duplicated audiences across all of their platforms – mobile, tablet, pc and print. It can be used to market the published media sector, demonstrating high levels of reach of brands across platforms. PAMCo data will fuel the IPA TouchPoints service, which informs strategic planning. It will also be incorporated into planning bureaux, such as Kantar Choices, IMS Clear Decisions, Telmar and Mediatel for implementational planning purposes.
How will PAMCo be different to NRS data?
NRS was a print survey, which had digital elements added to it across its existence. The thorough industry wide process to find the successor to the NRS survey, has allowed PAMCo Ltd to design audience measurement built for a digital world.
This is reflected in an enhanced methodology, with its own digital panel, passively measuring behaviour, coupled with the rigour of 35,000 face to face interviews, offering the best of the tried and trusted and new digital innovation.
Estimates of the audiences for digital platforms will be sourced directly from comScore, and these data will be fused with the readership survey. Duplication of reading between the print and digital platforms will be adjusted to match observations from PAMCo’s own digital panel.
This will allow the PAMCo survey to provide the following:
- De-duplicated reach and frequency for all platforms
- Single source data to understand how audiences move between platforms
- Improved estimate of brand reach and duplication
- Reporting newsbrand sections across print AND digital subject to sample size
- Future proofed for new platforms
- Increased number of brands reported across digital platforms
When will PAMCo data be in the market?
PAMCo Ltd started to collect PAMCo data in January 2017 and the current plan is to launch the full PAMCo dataset in Spring 2018.
Comparing PAMCo & NRS datasets
It is not appropriate to compare PAMCo and NRS data for marketing and trading purposes as they are based on different methodologies.
Education & training
- “Introduction to PAMCo” training session – Open to all, twice weekly at PAMCo offices from w/c 23rd April. More details on how to sign up for this training will be communicated by PAMCo in March
- Individual training sessions – On request, PAMCo can carry out the “Introduction to PAMCo” training sessions at publisher / agency office’s from w/c 30th April. More details on how to sign up for this training will be communicated by PAMCo in March
- PAMCo Conference & Bureaux presentations – 22nd May. Invites to be sent in March
- Bureaux training with Kantar, Nielsen & Telmar – Request directly with the bureaux
For more information please contact one of the PAMCo team:
- Telephone: 020 7637 9822