Terms and Conditions
Survey Terms and Conditions
- The promoter is Professional Publishers Association Ltd, trading as Magnetic, with company no. 00132310 and whose registered office is at White Collar Factory, 1 Old St Yard, London EC1Y 8AF (“PPA”).
- This free prize draw (“Promotion”) is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over except employees of PPA and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this Promotion.
- By entering this Promotion, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- To take part in the Promotion, follow the instructions provided via the unique survey link that you have been emailed. You will need to complete the survey and provide PPA with any mandatory information required. The last question of the survey will ask you to confirm whether you want to be entered into this Promotion.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- Closing date for entry will be by 16:00 GMT on 08/03/2019. After this date, no further entries to the Promotion will be permitted.
- PPA reserves the right to cancel or amend the Promotion and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of PPA’s control. Any changes to the Promotion will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by PPA.
- The prize is as follows: 1x £200 Amazon voucher. One winner will be chosen at random after the close of the competition.
- PPA reserves the right to substitute the prize (or any part of the prize) for a prize or prizes of equivalent or greater monetary value if this is necessary for reasons beyond its reasonable control. There is no cash alternative to the prize (or any part of the prize) and unless PPA agrees otherwise in writing the prize is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- The winner will be chosen at random by software, from all entries received and verified by PPA and or its agents.
- The winner will be notified by email within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- PPA will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / is delivered.
- There are certain things for which PPA does not accept any liability to you, and these are explained in the next two paragraphs. The law does not allow PPA to exclude or limit its liability for some things, such as death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or loss caused by a false statement where the statement is made fraudulently. PPA accepts full liability for these matters and all matters for which it cannot, under English law, exclude or limit its liability. Otherwise, the exclusions of liability described in paragraphs 16 and 17 will apply. References to “PPA” in these paragraphs (15, 16, 17) include all of PPA’s associated companies, agents or any other third party involved in the Promotion.
- PPA will not be responsible for (and will have no liability in connection with) the following occurrences, to the extent that they occur for reasons beyond PPA’s reasonable control:
- any postponement or cancellation of the Promotion;
- any changes to prizes or the way in which they can be used;
- problems with the dispatch of prizes (such as prizes failing to reach the intended recipient); and
- any act or default of any third party supplier.
- PPA does not accept responsibility for network, computer, hardware or software failure of any kind, which may affect the sending, receipt or processing of your entry.
- PPA’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the Promotion will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional remuneration.
- Where permitted by law, the winner’s name and county will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with any other company.
- This Promotion, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with (including the prize), shall be governed by English law. You irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Promotion (including the prize).
The lawful basis for the processing of entrants’ personal information are that (a) the processing is necessary for the Promoter’s legitimate interests in operating the Promoter’s business and/or ensuring the Promotion is properly administered; and/or (b) the processing is necessary for the performance of the Promoter’s contractual obligations to entrants in connection with the administration of the Promotion as set out in these terms and conditions.
Magnetic Competition Terms & Conditions
- The competition organiser is Magnetic, part of Professional Publishers Association Ltd (company no.1322310) whose registered office is at White Collar Factory, 1 Old Street Yard, London EC1Y 8AF
- The competition is open to media agency employees only, who are residents of the United Kingdom, aged 18 years or over
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions
- Please see individual competition emails for details of how to enter
- Only one entry will be accepted per person per giveaway. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified
- Entries will close at 4.30pm each day. After this time no further entries to that day’s competitions will be permitted
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason
- The competition organiser reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice, in the event of anything outside of the organiser's control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible
- The organiser is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition
- The prizes are as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice
- Winners will be chosen at random by software, from all entries received and verified by the organiser
- All winners names will be announced on www.payattention.media at 5.30pm each day, and winners will be notified by email within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted within seven days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner
- The organiser will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / claimed
- The organiser’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material
- All prizes are subject to availability and must taken before 29/11/19
- Prizes may not exactly replicate those featured in the advert
- All prizes will be to the maximum total value of £1,000 unless otherwise stated
Magnetic Website Terms and Conditions
Welcome to our website www.magnetic.media (the “Website”), which is provided by Magnetic. Magnetic is registered in England and Wales under the Professional Publishers Association (PPA) company number 132310 and our registered office is at White Collar Factory, 1 Old St Yard, London EC1Y 8AF. Our VAT number is 341 1391 90. “you” and “your” means you as the user of our Website.
We have set out the terms under which we are providing you with access to our Website. These include the terms and conditions that govern:
1. your use of the Website;
2. your rights to link to the Website;
Collectively these documents are termed as the “Terms and Conditions”.
Use of this Website
By accessing the Website, you agree to these Terms and Conditions.
You should read all the Terms and Conditions prior to using the Website. You should also save and/or print out a copy of these Terms and Conditions for future reference.
We may change our Terms and Conditions from time to time. The revised Terms and Conditions will be available via the Website. You will be deemed to have accepted any changes to the Terms and Conditions after you have been notified of the changes on our Website home page and you continue to access or use the Website.
You are not permitted to use, or cause others to use, any automated system or software to extract content or data from our Website for commercial purposes.
If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, you should not use the Website.
Accessing Our Website
Access to our Website is permitted on a temporary basis. We update our Website regularly and so may change the content at any time without notice to you. We reserve the right to withdraw, vary or suspend the service at any time without notice.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary to access this Website. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons accessing our Website through your internet connection are aware of these Terms and Conditions.
Please note that use of our Website is subject to your computer and/or portable device complying with our minimum standard technical specification and compatibility notice.
You are advised to check this specification to ensure that your computer and/or portable device is compatible with our products and services and we shall not be liable for any failure arising in the Website which arises from incompatibility (including, without limitation, minimum storage and memory requirements from time to time).
Reliance on Information Posted
Materials posted on our Website are not intended as advice and should not be relied upon as such. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such information to the fullest extent permissible by local law.
You may access, view and print out one copy of this Website and all information, images, and other content displayed on the Website ("Materials") strictly in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
You may only view, print out, use, quote from and cite the Website and the Materials on the condition that you give appropriate acknowledgement where appropriate to Magnetic. All intellectual property rights in and to the Website and the Materials are either owned by or licensed to us and your use of the Website and Materials is subject to the following restrictions.
You must not:
• remove any copyright or other proprietary notices contained in the Materials;
• use any Materials from the Website in any manner that may infringe any copyright, intellectual property right or proprietary right of us or any third parties; or
• reproduce, modify, display, perform, publish, distribute, disseminate, broadcast, frame, communicate to the public or circulate to any third party or exploit this Website and/or the Materials, without our prior written consent.
We expressly reserve all rights in and to the www.magnetic.media domain name and all related domains and sub-domains, the name "Magnetic", our logo, service marks, trading names and/or trade marks. Other trade marks, products and company names mentioned on the Website may be trademarks of their respective owners or licensors and the rights in such marks are reserved to their respective owners or licensors.
Linking to Our Website
You may link to any page of the Website, for non-commercial purposes provided that you do so in a way that is fair and legal and which does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. For the avoidance of doubt, the linking site must not contain any adult or illegal material or any material that is offensive, harassing or otherwise objectionable.
You must not link to our Website in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not remove or obscure by framing or otherwise, advertisements, any copyright notice, or other information published on the Website. Our Website must not be framed on any other site.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission at any time and without notice.
Privacy, Your Personal Data and Cookies
The privacy of your personal data is important to us. We collect information from you at various places on the Website, for example when you submit a Contact Us form.
Third Party Sites
Our Website and/or the Materials may contain links to third party websites for example LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter. Your browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Website, is subject to that website’s own rules and policies including in relation to privacy. Please read those rules and policies before proceeding.
If you decide to visit any third party site, you do so at your own risk. We are not responsible for the content, accuracy or opinions expressed in such websites. Links do not imply that we are, or our Website is, affiliated to or associated with such sites.
The inclusion of any link in our communications with you does not imply endorsement by us of the linked site. If you decide to access linked third party websites, you do so at your own risk.
Please remember that when you use a link to go from our Website to another website, these Terms and Conditions including our Privacy and Cookies Policy are no longer in effect. Your browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which are linked to ours is subject to that website’s own rules and policies.
Information on the Website
If you find any content on the Website to be in any way offensive, obscene, defamatory, racist, harmful, inaccurate, unlawful, illegal or deceptive in any way, please notify us by emailing us at Hello@magnetic.media using the subject heading “Objectionable Content”.
On receipt of your complaint we may remove or block access to the content complained of.
To the fullest extent permissible by law, we exclude and disclaim all warranties, terms, conditions and representations that might otherwise be implied by law in relation to this Website. In particular we do not represent or warrant that the Website will be error-free, free of viruses or other harmful components, or that defects will be corrected. You must take your own precautions in this respect. We do not accept liability for any failure to maintain the Website. We shall not be liable, under these Terms and Conditions for any indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages or otherwise, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
The Materials may contain inaccuracies and typographical errors. We do not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the Materials.
We shall not be liable for any loss caused as a result of your actions or inactions based on the Materials available on this Website. However, nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall affect your statutory rights, and nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude our liability for:
• death or personal injury arising through negligence;
• fraudulent misrepresentation; and/or
• anything else that cannot be excluded or limited by us under English law.
Legal Compliance and Applicable Law
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and any matter or dispute arising in connection with them shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
You are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws relating to the use of or otherwise connected with the Website. To the extent that the Website or any activity contemplated by it would infringe any law of a jurisdiction other than England, then you are prohibited from accessing or using the Website or attempting to carry on any such offending activity and this provision shall override all other provisions of these Terms.
If you have any concerns or queries about material which appears on our Website or if you have questions about your use of this Website or these Terms and Conditions please email us Hello@magnetic.media.
If you have any suggestions for improvements or additions that you would like to see on the Website please email us Hello@magnetic.media. Our postal address for correspondence is Magnetic, White Collar Factory, 1 Old St Yard, London EC1Y 8AF, United Kingdom.
Sign up to our monthly newsletter for all the latest developments and the brightest thinking in magazine media.