The exclusive media partnership set out to create a brand identity to bring to life the Estée Edit and to target millennials by creating an innovative editorial digital pop-up channel – The Edge
In a comprehensive 10-week programme, The Edge became a semi-permanent channel fixture on the Cosmopolitan.co.uk toolbar. A combination of communications activity, a star studded launch party and 360 editorial features ensured that The Edge was a compelling new millennial content offering.
Across the partnership, there were 40 pieces of ‘rebellious’ content generated (a mixture of articles, listicles, blogs and videos) to establish a regular dialogue with the target audience and build a firm brand identity for Estée Edit in the UK.
Content was powered by following a three-tiered strategy:
- Influencers (across fashion, beauty, music, art and culture)
- User Generated Content
To generate further exposure editorial conduits were created via the following:
- Daily Snapchat sponsorships
- Sponsored print content in Cosmopolitan magazine
- Integrated hero and marquee formats
- Succinct social strategy
The Edge created a brand identity. By talking to millennials in Cosmopolitan’s tone and style (with an Edge), the channel brought to life the Estée Edit philosophy of rebellion, establishing an invigorated user generated content model where content was written for millennials, by millennials
- Dwell times – 7m 20s (over-delivered on KPI by 267%)
- Users – over 830k (over-delivered on KPI by 341%)
- The Edge content saw a CTR of 0.18%
- Total social summary: Facebook reach – 12.5k, Twitter impressions – 19,727,575, Instagram clicks to content – 983,784 (5% CTR)