Join Media for All (MEFA) and Hearst UK to discover how to make a difference whilst moving away from tokenism.
Great strides have been made to improve diversity and inclusion in media, but how can we ensure we move beyond tick boxes?
This latest MEFA event, Making a Positive Difference, intends to help attendees understand the positive influence they can have regarding diversity in the media industry, and how to shape wider conversations in society around diversity and inclusion through their work.
The session will feature an inspiring panel representing different areas of the media industry (to be announced soon) and will be hosted by Richie Booker, Head of Diversity and Belonging at Hearst UK.
The evening is aimed at all levels of experience and will include conversation around:
- Making a positive difference within your media business
- Positive differences you can make with clients and their understanding of diversity
- How to credibly make media choices that support diversity and inclusion – and produce results
- Credibly integrating diversity into marketing, advertising, and communications
- Tips and advice on how you can make more of a positive difference in media, business, and beyond
As an organisation, MEFA’s mission is to help Black, Asian, and ethnic minority talent thrive, and increase diversity in the media and advertising industry. Through their work, events, and forums, MEFA focuses on the recruitment of diverse talent, the retention of diverse talent, and the career development of its members.
The event is in-person on Wednesday 5 July at Hearst UK, 30 Panton St, Leicester Square SW1Y 4AJ. To reserve your place, click here.