Nissan formed a digital first commercial partnership with Dennis' Auto Express and Carbuyer platforms to position the brand as After Sales experts and grow awareness.
THE BIG IDEA
Nissan challenged Dennis Automotive to help build awareness of the Nissan Aftersales Service Car Proposition, engage people who were searching for After Sales information and increase opinion of Nissan’s fixed price promise.
Dennis Automotive created a partnership that spanned a range of brand touchpoints across Carbuyerand Auto Express. At the heart of the campaign was a strong editorial strategy with a content plan that applied learnings from consumer insights. Compelling content was implemented to position Nissan as the servicing experts addressing the campaign aim of increasing opinion.
- Editorial Integration - 16 articles were created by the Auto Express and Carbuyer expert editorial team, in the form of advertorials and editorial content.
- Video Guides - Dennis’ in-house film team created dedicated Nissan Aftersales Service Care videos that were hosted across both websites and YouTube channels. Video content included: How to prepare your car for holiday; Puncture repair; Prepping your car for winter
- Native Promotion - Native units such as DMPU’s were created to drive relevant, in market users to the Nissan content.
- Loyal Subscribers - Social amplification was delivered on Auto Express and Carbuyer social channels, along with targeted solus emails to Nissan owners. The videos were shared using the Auto Express newsletter, reaching over 157,000 subscribers.
The articles on both sites promoted video-specific messaging through ROS native units and editorial and SEO referrals
- The campaign generated 116,570 page views across Carbuyer.co.uk and Autoexpress.co.uk, with an average dwell time of over 3 minutes
- 83,809 Unique Users accessed the dedicated content, with 1.4 pageviews per UU
- Average performance CTR’s across all the units was 0.84% which is 140% higher than our average native benchmark
- The videos were viewed 30,501 times with an average time of over 2 minutes for each view
- Nissan dwell time was over 80% higher than the average dwell time across Auto Express and Carbuyer articles during the same time range (July 2015/ March 2016)
You might also like
Sign up to our monthly newsletter for all the latest developments and the brightest thinking in magazine media.