TopGear approached Honda to help prolong coverage of their triple award win at the 2017 TopGear Car of the Year Awards.
THE BIG IDEA
Honda swooped three awards at the 2017 TopGear Car of the Year Awards: Hot Hatch of the Year, International Editors Car of the Year and (the coveted) Car of the Year. TopGear proactively approached Honda with a strategy to dovetail the editorial coverage with paid content to help prolong the messaging around this whilst building stronger desirability of the Civic Type R and awareness of the success.
In keeping with a true partnership, Honda leant on TopGear’s expertise to help shape the narrative of the content making the output as editorialised as possible.
- Video – TopGear’s expert video team created an exciting, atmospheric video to bring the sinister characteristics of the car to life.
- Native – In keeping with the editorial strategy of TopGear’s digital content, we retraced the history of the Civic Type R to bring out the pedigree and heritage of the model.
- Advertorial – Striking print execution in true TopGear style inserted into the issue following the awards result.
- Rich media traffic drivers – Video formats targeting relevant hot hatch content, driving people through to our native feature on TopGear.com
- Social – Feeding the video content out to TopGear massive social footprint, getting eyeballs on the video and driving people through to the native content.
- It delivered 155% of guaranteed views to the native content.
- It reached well over 3 million people across all touchpoints.
- Over 250,000 video views across all platforms
You might also like
Sign up to our monthly newsletter for all the latest developments and the brightest thinking in magazine media.