eBay wanted to shift brand awareness, drive engagement and improve purchase consideration around its women’s fashion offering. Their launch focus was the promotion of plus size fashion, as eBay carry one of the most prominent offerings in the category of any retailer.
The UK eBay team created a ‘Plus Size Women’s Fashion Hub’ to summarise the proposition and a commercial content package with TI Media to promote its launch.
- Native content was commissioned across all the titles
- Sponsored social streaming via Look’s millennial audience
- Content sourced from social influencers via GoodtoKnow
The campaign saw an increase in brand-product perception towards eBay, as well as positive word of mouth that went on to directly influence purchase behaviour.
- 73% of readers recommended or intended to recommend eBay to someone, exceeding the benchmark of 38%
- 87% of readers considered buying fashion from eBay, a +45% uplift as a result of the campaign
- The campaign drove high levels of purchase, with 39% of readers claiming to have bought fashion products from eBay