Whether you’ve got a million-pound business idea, are itching to switch careers or simply want some inspiration from the best minds in business, technology, beauty and celebrity, then join our friends at Hearst for Cosmopolitan’s first ever Self Made Careers Summit in association with Very.co.uk on Saturday 22nd April.
- Farrah Storr, Editor-in-Chief, Cosmopolitan Magazine
- Olivia Palermo, Model & Fashion Influencer
- Caroline Flack, TV & Radio Presenter
- Katherine Ryan, Comedian
- Jessica Knappett, Actress
- Alfie Deyes, New Media Creator
- Rosie Fortescue, Fashion blogger & jewellery designer
- Alice Liveing, Fitness Blogger, Clean Eating Alice
- Hugo Taylor, Co-Founder & Creative Director, Taylor Morris Eyewear
- Fleur De Force, Fashion & beauty YouTuber
- Laura Jackson & Alice Levine, Broadcasters, authors & cooks
- Rob & Paul Forkan, founders, Gandys & Orphans for Orphans
- Baroness Michelle Mone OBE, Entrepreneur, Speaker & Mentor
- Stina Sanders & Valerie Stark, founders, Huggle
- Jen Ronan, head of small business EMEA, Instagram
- Louise Pentland, fashion & beauty vlogger
- Lisa Hilton, author & historian
- Charlotte Knight, founder & creative director, Ciaté
- Jess Schuring, founder, Heartcore
- Vanessa Sanyauke, founder & CEO, Girls Talk London
- Lana Hopkins, CEO & founder, Mon Purse
- Jean Queen Donna Ida Thornton, founder, DONNA IDA DENIM
- Helena Morrissey, Chair, Investment Association and Founder, 30% Club
- Anna Jones, co-founder, AllBright
- Stella Creasy MP
- Marcia Kilgore, advisor-at-large, FitFlop, Beauty Pie & Soaper Duper
- Alexia Inge, CEO, Cult Beauty
- Kristina Karlsson, founder, kikki.K
- Sedge Beswick, Managing Director, SEEN Connects
- Sophie and Hannah Pycroft - Founders of Spectrum Collections
- Simon Jones, Simon Jones PR
- Rosette Pambakian, Vice President of Global Communications and Branding, Tinder
Cosmopolitan will bring you a packed day of celebrity talks; speed networking sessions and interactive workshops all dedicated to empowering you to achieve your #careergoals. You'll be able select the sessions and speakers most relevant to you, tailoring your day to get the most out of their top speaker line-up*. There’ll also be styling advice from Very & Cosmopolitan's Fashion team, delicious food, a drinks reception, FREE goodie bags worth over £100, personalised card holders from Mon Purse and much more.
Highlights of the day include:
Make me famous: the power of social media to launch a million pound brand. Hear from social media superstars such as Louise Pentland and Clean Eating Alice who’ve used their online profile to launch a successful business venture.
Flourish after failure: Let’s be honest we’ve all f**ked up at some point. Hear those who’ve bounced back (and then some) tell us to how build resilience and stay positive in the face of career catastrophes.
Career flips: how to successfully upcycle your job. Changing industries can be daunting; our panel will share personal experiences of their successful switches to help you take the plunge. Whether it’s going for that top job – or changing industries all together.
The funding formula – great advice from people who really know. Coming up with a million-pound business idea is the easy bit, but securing the all-important funding to turn the idea into reality is trickier. Get the inside track from our experts.
Speed networking workshop - The summit will end with two hours of cocktails and power-talking with everyone you’ve met and heard from that day. But first – learn how it’s done from those who network for a living.
*Sessions and speakers may subject to change*
Want to start a career in fashion?
Whether you're an aspiring fashion designer, writer, fashion marketer or just desperate to break into the world of style, guests at the Self Made summit will also get the chance to win an internship at Very and Cosmopolitan. Come armed with your CV and your new career could start right here.
PRICE £50 + Booking fee
To book your place, visit the Self Made Summit booking page.
PPA Festival 2019
March 2019 | Spark North 2019 | HOME Manchester
November 2018 | Spark 2018 | Bloomsbury Ballroom, London
September 2018 | Home Truths | The Hospital Club, London
June 2018 | Spotlight Awards 2018 | The Vinyl Factory, London
May 2018 | Media 360 | The Grand, Brighton
May 2018 |The PPA Festival| Tobacco Dock, London
Sign up to our monthly newsletter for all the latest developments and the brightest thinking in magazine media.